Company: Superior Family Health Team
Job Type: Other
Salary Range: Volunteer Position
Posting Closes: Posting remains open until filled
About Superior Family Health Team
A Family Health Team is an approach to primary health care that brings together different health care providers to co-ordinate the highest possible quality of care for you – the patient.
Designed to give doctors support from other complementary professionals, most Family Health Teams will consist of doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners and other health care professionals who work collaboratively, each utilizing their experience and skills so that you receive the very best care, when you need it, as close to home as possible.
Superior Family Health Team is affiliated with the physician group Sault Family Health Organization.
We rely on an engaged & active Board of Directors to lead our growth and development.
The Board currently oversees the activities of its 2022-2025 Strategic Plan.
The Governance Role
Superior Family Health Team’s Board of Directors is comprised of 9 volunteer members who reflect the geographic and demographic diversity of the Algoma District. Membership on the Board of Directors is drawn widely to achieve the balance of skills and expertise required to enable the Board to fulfil its governance responsibilities. Meetings take place bi-monthly at Superior Family Health Team and begin at 5:00 pm, as well as one Annual General Meeting.
A Superior Family Health Team Director must demonstrate:
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of the organization
- An ability to function in the best interests of the organization and as such, act honestly and in good faith
- Care and diligence and skill that a reasonably prudent person would exercise in comparable circumstances
- The ability to offer unique expertise and skills which will inform Board discussion and decisions
- Effective communication skills
- A commitment to the time required to prepare for and attend Board and Committee meeting
- An ability to abide by the By-laws and policies approved by the Board, in particular, these listed duties, the Oath of Office and Confidentiality Agreement and Conflict of Interest policies.
The Board welcomes applications from all interested and qualified applicants, especially those who have experience/expertise in one of the following areas:
- Government relations
- Marketing & Promotion
- Government Relations
- Public Affairs & Communication
The term of office for Directors is 2 or 3 years with the opportunity to continue for a second term.
Please submit your letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org